6 October 2018

This Friday at KPS ...

Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome Leigh Woolford AWPF, EFIAP, DPAGB, DPE2*, as their speaker on Friday 12th October.  Leigh  will be giving a digital image presentation entitled A journey through Southern Iceland.

Leigh says: “Photography has been a serious hobby for me since the 1980s and enjoy all kinds of photography but if you asked anyone in my club (Gwynfa CC) what type of photography I am best known for, they would answer 'landscape'.

I enjoy nothing more than to be at a spectacular location with a complicated box of Japanese electronics in my hand, thinking … what am I going to do here today?  Often the fun is more in the taking than in the results but when the results are good, it is especially satisfying.

For anyone interested in equipment, for landscape I use a full frame DSLR with a selection of lenses ranging from 17mm up to 400mm.  I also carry a tripod and some filters (mainly grads and stoppers).

I have been lucky enough to visit Iceland, an amazing country, on numerous occasions and my talk is intended to provide an insight to photographing some of the many exciting locations adjacent to Route One along the south coast between Keflavik and Hofn. It contains maps, tips, costs, a few location videos and of course, lots of photographs.  Iceland provides an astonishingly diverse selection of locations as well as drama and excitement aplenty. I hope you will enjoy the journey.”

As well as his talk, Leigh will also bring around 15 mounted prints for members to view during the break.

This promises to be an absolutely excellent evening so we hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet  on Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.



NB  PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TONIGHT IS ALSO HANDING IN FOR THE MEMBERS' ANNUAL EXHIBITION

No comments: