3 June 2017

This Friday at KPS ...

Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome for the first time Peter Haaworth ARPS, as their speaker on Friday 9th June who will be giving an illustrated talk entitled Landscapes and Seacaspes.

Peter says: “I retired early, approximately 14 years ago, and did a beginners course at Thornbury Camera Club.  I also joined Bath Photographic Society needing a challenge decided to try and gain some photography qualifications and was awarded the LRPS and ARPS my panel was in Sports photography.

In recent years I have enjoyed Landscape and Seascape photography like certain sports it got me into the countryside or coastline to enjoy the environment, fresh air and take exercise.

My "Landscape and Seascape" talk comprises of: in the first half, how I go about researching locations, consider natural light, use of filters and decide whether to follow or ignore composition rules and in the second half, the steps I go through to consider colour, the visual impact of colour or black and white, and my approach to black and white photography.  The talk is presented through a critique of my landscape and seascape photographs.

I am excited to be asked to Kingswood PS as it also gives me the chance to meet new people, to catch up with friends and to have fun, plus present my talk on the big screen, usually its prints."

As well as his talk, Peter will also bring 10 mounted colour prints and 10 mounted black and white prints for members to view during the break.

This promises to be a superb evening so we hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.

No comments: