7 April 2018

This Friday at KPS ...

Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome back David Bathard FRPS, AWPF, as their speaker on Friday, 13th April, who will be giving a print talk entitled My Approach to Monochrome.

David says: “It seems that I have taken photographs forever although I did not start taking serious photographs until 1980.  In those days I was in the darkroom and it was with the wetroom images that I gained my RPS distinctions.

With a background such as this I have entered into the ‘Digital age’ with many conceptions of how a monochrome image should look but I am not adverse to the modern developments in photography.

Gaining distinctions taught me to think in groups of images rather than in looking for the one definitive image.

My monochrome work is across several subjects from documenting seaside piers to Travel Photography in which I try to look at the whole.”


We know that this promises to be an excellent evening so we hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.


NOTE - REMEMBER TONIGHT IS HAND-IN for entries into the Frank Thomas Trophy (Prints) and Andy & Pauline Xena Trophy (DPIs).  Guidelines about producing your entry can be found on page 26 in the printed programme or in the e-communications from one of our Joint Competition Secretaries, Mick Jupp.

No comments: