3 February 2018

This Friday at KPS ...


Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome back Chris Palmer FRPS, DPAGB, APAGB, EFIAP, as their speaker on Friday, 9th February who will be giving his print talk entitled Beyond the Summit.

Chris says: “A Fellowship of the RPS represents, for many, the photographer’s Everest, something to aspire to and I am thrilled to have got there!  It remained my one sole aim for many years, so when I finally gained the distinction it provoked a thought as to what to do now?

In this lecture I discuss the new challenges I have set myself, the decisions I have made and the photographic directions I am taking in my current work.  Primarily I remain a location photographer, mostly of landscapes, seascapes and detail, but also capturing images in towns and cities too.  Increasingly I have become more
interested in projects and themes, sets of images that perhaps say more than a single isolated shot.  My aim is to produce distinctive and worthy work that reflects the way I see the world.  Rarely are my pictures judged these days, except by me!

I am grateful to Fotospeed for their support in producing this new lecture. You can see and learn more about me at www.chrispalmerphotographer.co.uk.”

This promises to be an absolutely superb evening so we hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.


REMEMBER tonight is also hand in for our first Quarterly Competition.  Competition Rules can be found on pages 23 - 26 in the KPS 2018 Programme.  Digital entries can be submitted on a disk, memory card or by email.  Please note that the new e-address to use is - KingswoodPhotographicSociety0@gmail.com, whilst the one published in the programme will remain live throughout this year.

Please would you also supply digital files for your Print and DPI entries in the following format so they can be considered when choosing the KPS entry next year into the WCPF DPI Inter-club competition: Format JPEG (.jpg), Colour profile sRGB (ICC Profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1) and Size 1600 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high.

No comments: