6 January 2018

This Friday at KPS ...

Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome Terry Walters, as their speaker on Friday, 12th January, who will be giving a digital image presentation entitled, An Eclectic Mix.

Terry says: “I will be showing an eclectic mix of both traditional and manipulated images, and the challenge is to tell which fall into which category.  Some are obvious, others are not, and to me that is the art of image manipulation.  More recently I have been drawn to getting the whole image in the camera, but I still get comments about whether I have added the model or background, so you cannot win.

More recently people think I only do portraits because that is what I enter into competition, but in truth I shoot pretty much anything except landscapes because I am too lazy to get up before sunrise.    Having said that I have been on the beach at dawn, watched the sun go down behind a model, and I do enjoy shooting people pictures so tonight will have a bias towards portraiture.”

As well as his talk, Terry will also bring some mounted prints for members to view during the break.

For further information about Terry Walters, pop onto the website, http://www.terrywalters.co.uk/ from which you’ll see why this promises to be fascinating evening.  We hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.











No comments: