26 August 2017

This Friday at KPS ....


Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome Bob Bishop EFIAP/b, FPE3, LRPS, as their speaker on Friday 1st September who will be giving a digital image presentation entitled Have Camera will Travel.

Bob says: “My Photography was totally reignited when I retired just after the start of this century. Suddenly I had the time to progress my hobby a bit more seriously.

Landscape photography has always been my first love, but now I also enjoy event photography, people, street and travel. The talk will include a mixture of all these and the travel aspect will include a trip to Burma and in particular its people.

So from the often busy scene with event photography, to the comparative serenity at silly o`clock in a landscape and the other genres in between, I have considerable variety in what I love to photograph. Each has their challenges which keep me on my toes.


The images I show will be a mixture of mono and colour and time will be spent on one or two images here and there to explain how I arrived at the final image.”

As well as his talk, Bob will also bring around 30 mounted prints for members to view during the break.


This promises to be a truly excellent evening so we hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.





NB  Tonight is also HAND-IN FOR THE THIRD QUARTERLY COMPETITION
Please ensure that you bring along your prints. Entries for the digital section can be brought on a memory stick, DVD if you haven't already emailed them to Arthur using the email address kingswood_dpi@btinternet.com.  

No comments: