15 April 2017

This Friday at KPS ...


Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome Nick Jenkins ARPS, AWPF, as their speaker on Friday 21st April who will be giving a digital image presentation entitled Miles and Miles of Fresh Air.

Nick says: “I guess I inherited an interest in landscape photography from my father (all those years ago!), who was a keen amateur and went through slide film like a whirling dervish!

After that my main 'road to Damascus' moment was when I photographed my wife and brother in law as we walked up one of the Snowdonia peaks. The surroundings were sublime but my capture of the scene was, to say the least, dire, with two tiny black spots heading upwards to a bleached out sky.

In 2002 I set up Freespirit Images, my landscape photography business. I achieved my ARPS in the meantime, and ran landscape workshops for Light & Land, HF Holidays, Tatra Photography, Aspect2i and my own business. Workshops cover the remoter areas of England and Wales. My work is published by calendar companies and in publications and I also post my work to Alamy.

My photography is led very much by what strikes me when out there. I tend to shy away from the word 'rules' when shooting or tutoring, preferring instead to use the word 'guidelines'. I use my own style and seek to be very self-critical.

I am very much hoping to give an entertaining and informative evening and, I am very happy to take questions from my audience.”

For further information about Nick Jenkins, pop onto the website, http://www.freespiritimages.com/ from which you’ll see why this promises to be an excellent evening.  We hope to see you there.

No comments: