18 March 2017

This Friday at KPS ...

Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome for the first time Gabriel O’Shaughnessy FIPF, FRPS, MFIAP, EFIAP/s, as their speaker on Friday, 24th March, who will be giving a print talk entitled  Photography, Personal and Practical.

Gabriel says: "I will be presenting between 70 and 80 prints which have all been produced in the last three years and will also include a couple of old favourites from earlier years.

I have twice been Photographer of the Year and once runner up in my own club (Dundalk Photographic Society) in the last three years, so these images will reflect my endeavours in club competition. 


My subject matter covers quite a wide variety of imagery, including People, Travel, Landscape, Still-life and more. I give this presentation its title "Personal and Practical" because recently I have started to photograph friends and family members in a way that is personal to them but also with my own interpretation of their individual characters.

Often we don't fully utilise our hobby and use it in a practical way to record those around us in our daily lives. It is all the more gratifying when you can pick up an award or two on the way. I hope to see you on the 24th and I’m very much looking forward my visit to Kingswood."

For further information about Gabriel, pop onto the website http://www.permajet.com/biography.php?user=gaboshoko@gmail.com , from which you’ll see why this promises to be an absolutely superb evening.  We hope to see you there.

Kingswood PS meet Fridays from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm at St Barnabas Church Hall, Warmley, Bristol BS30 5JJ.  Visitors are most welcome and the cost for this evening is £3.00.

No comments: