1 October 2016

This Friday at KPS ...


Kingswood Photographic Society is absolutely delighted to welcome Gareth Martin CPAGB, AWPF, for the first time as their speaker on Friday 7th October who will be giving a print talk entitled Just Miniatures.  NOTE - If you have any theatre binoculars, please remember to bring them with you.

Gareth says: “I make my talks as humorous as possible and hopefully the audience will have a laugh or two.  I am told that my talks are very inspiring and that I am very open and sharing my ideas and methods. 

I am showing two bodies of work, some call them panels, but I will explain why I call them bodies of work. 

The first is a colour landscape with digital tweaking done on them.  I will show the original of one and how I ended up with around 12 prints which includes Salon prints. 

The second body is 23 prints taken in pouring down rain on a very misty day at Cwmorthin.  I will explain the thought process and why I made them as grungy as possible.  Two of these prints have won best Landscape at the Barrian cup in 2015/16.

I come from the darkroom days of 1978 and like using digital process with those ideas from my past.”

As you can tell, this promises to be an absolutely superb and interesting evening so we hope to see you there. 

No comments: